The IXS token is an ERC-20 token, which means it works on the Ethereum network. To provide a more cost-effective alternative when conducting transactions using IXS, our users can now bridge IXS to the Polygon network.
Once done, you will get the corresponding wrapped token WIXS in exchange for your IXS (1 IXS = 1 WIXS). This is especially relevant as some of IX Swap’s staking programs require WIXS tokens to participate.
There are two ways you can do this — via KuCoin or via the AllianceBlock Bridge.
If this is your first time to bridge IXS to Polygon, please make sure to add WIXS as a custom token on your MetaMask or Web3 wallet first so it will appear on your wallet feed. Here are the details you need to add WIXS as a custom token on your wallet:
You can also check out our step-by-step guide on how to add IXS or WIXS as custom tokens to your MetaMask wallet here. If you’re done with this step, you can go straight to the steps below on how to bridge IXS to Polygon using KuCoin:
Please note you will require 1 ALBT to complete this transaction.
1. Connect your Web3 wallet and network.
2. Input the bridge transaction information. IXS Token Contract Address: 0x73d7c860998CA3c01Ce8c808F5577d94d545d1b4
3. If this is your first time using the AllianceBlock Bridge, you will need to complete two approval transactions (as shown below).
4. Once approval is complete, click Send and confirm the transaction.
5. To claim your WIXS on Polygon, switch your network to Polygon and click the Claim button to receive your WIXS. Please note that you need MATIC in your Polygon wallet for gas fees (less than $0.01 per transaction).
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully bridged IXS to Polygon.